Parmesan Chive Cream Sauce
I made this sauce for pan seared chicken I made the other night. Unfortunately, my camera was on hiatus so I don’t have pictures to share. Stupid camera.
Ingredients:- ½ cup whipped cream cheese
- ½ cup milk
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chives, freshly snipped
- S&P to taste
1. In a small sauce pan over low heat add cream cheese and milk. Whisk until cream cheese has melted and sauce is smooth.
2. Add parmesan cheese and whisk again until incorporated. Allow to simmer for a few minute to thicken.
3. Once sauce coats the back of a spoon, remove from heat. Add S&P and fresh chives. Serve over chicken, pork, or vegetables.
Thoughts: This sauce gets a nice salty flavor from the parmesan cheese, and the chives add a subtle onion flavor that worked really well for chicken. I think it would also pair nicely with pork or even roasted vegetables such as asparagus.