Roasted Red Bliss Potatoes with Mustard and Thyme
- 1 ½ lbs red bliss potatoes
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, minced
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 ½ - 2 tablespoons course mustard, adjust to your taste preference
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. Wash potatoes, pat dry, and cut into quarters. Toss in butter and 2 tablespoons of EVOO and place in a baking dish in a single layer. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 30-35 minutes, giving a toss halfway through.
2. In a small bowl mix together mustard, thyme, white wine vinegar, and remaining olive oil. Taste and season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside while potatoes roast.
3. Once potatoes are cooked fork-tender and nicely browned, remove from oven. Transfer potatoes only to a large bowl. Discard any butter/olive oil. Spoon dressing mixture over hot potatoes and toss till thoroughly coated. Serve immediately.
Thoughts: I loved them. I wanted more of them. The smell that these have once you toss them in the mustard dressing is AH-mazing and they taste even better than they smell. Mustard and thyme is a great flavor combo and it really compliments the potatoes without overwhelming them. The flavor gives the potatoes the amount of pop to keep you interested and wanting more. These would make a perfect side dish to any steak, chicken, or pork dish.