Here is a very simple treat for the holiday season. Only 4 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes to make (not counting the couple of hours it needs to set), and it’s fairly inexpensive as well… all plusses in my book during an always busy time of year.
Cherry Almond White Chocolate Swirl Bark
* Makes about 2 dozen pieces
- 16oz semi sweet chocolate, best to use the baking bar and not chips
- 4 oz white chocolate, ditto^^^
- 10oz jar or maraschino cherries
- ¾ cup whole almonds, toasted and chopped
1. Prep your cherries by draining the liquid, rinsing them, squeezing out the excess liquid and chopping.
2. Break up both white chocolate and semi sweet chocolate bars. Set aside in separate bowls.
3. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Melt the SS chocolate by either using a double boiler or in the microwave. (If using a microwave, do in small 30-45 second increments and stir in between.
4. Spread melted chocolate out evenly over parchment paper. Sprinkle almonds and cherries onto the chocolate and press down lightly.
5. Melt white chocolate until smooth. Drizzle over semi sweet chocolate and take a knife and swirl lightly.
6. Cover with a second piece of parchment and place in refrigerator for 2-3 hours to firm.
Thoughts: Ok I’m just gonna come out and say it… If an almond chocolate bar and a chocolate covered cherry made love and had a baby – this would be that baby. This stuff is crazy good. It has crunch from the almonds, the cherries add a little bit of sweetness, and it’s just rich enough that a small piece satisfies you before you completely overindulge in it.