I call this Aussie Chicken because it’s my take on Outback’s Alice Springs Chicken. This is a dish that dish both the boys love. It’s usually a go-to meal at our house because we almost always have everything on hand for it. It’s not the prettiest plate to look at due to the mound of toppings it has, but is really is such a tasty dish and will satisfy the hungriest of men.
- 4 chicken breasts, pounded ½ inch thick
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (crimini or button)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 ½ cups of shredded cheddar cheese
2. In a medium sauté pan, melt a couple of tablespoons of butter over medium heat and add mushrooms and onions. Sauté until mushrooms are golden brown and onions are soft and translucent. About 10-15 minutes. Set aside.
3. Once chicken is fully cooked, place on a baking sheet. Top with mushrooms, onions, bacon and cheddar cheese. Place under broil for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.