I don’t think I’ve met a single person in my life that doesn’t like French Toast. Not only is it such a yummy start to the day, but its easy to make with ingredients almost everyone has on hand at any given time. I add a little “secret” ingredient to give it a little something extra.
- 8 slices of bread, any kind you prefer
- 1 cup of milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1.5 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- butter for the pan
1. Crack eggs into a shallow pan or bowl. Add milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and whisk well together.
3. Once butter is melted, coat each side of the bread in the egg/milk mixture and place in the pan immediately. Only coat the bread right before cooking.
4. Fry bread until golden brown on the first side, and then flip. Takes about 3-5 minutes per side. Repeat procedure with remaining bread.
5. Serve hot with butter, maple syrup, or powder sugar.
Thoughts: The vanilla extract gives the French Toast just a touch more sweetness and another layer of flavor. It’s that little something extra that makes people wonder what you did differently than what they do.