This is one of the easiest appetizers I have come up with to date. The first time I made it was out of desperation to serve unexpected guests that came to our house. It went over so well that I've been making it regularly ever since. In fact, I made it last night for Brent to bring to his potluck at work today.
So if you happen to be looking for a quick appetizer to share for Thanksgiving tomorrow, this one might be your best bet. If prosciutto sounds scary to you, feel free to substitute thinly sliced deli ham.
For picture purposes, I spread the dip on some crostini but I usually leave it in a bowl and arrange crostini or crackers around it for serving.
Herbed Cheese and Prosciutto Spread Recipe
*Makes approx 2 cups/ Serves 8-10
- 8oz whipped cream cheese
- 6.5oz spreadable garlic and herb cheese (such as Boursin or Aloutte)
- 3 oz prosciutto, sliced thin
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Crackers, crostini or bread for serving
- Parsley – optional
- Allow cream cheese and herb cheese to come to room temp, and then place in a large mixing bowl.
- Chop prosciutto into small pieces and add to cheese. Reserve a small amount of prosciutto for presentation.
- Add a generous amount of black pepper to bowl and stir all ingredients together until well combined. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with reserved prosciutto and fresh minced parsley if you choose.
- Serve with fresh toasted bread, crostini, or crackers. (I particularly like the herb seasoned crackers or crostini with this spread.)
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!