Though the potato chips were baked and homemade… so I had that going for me at least.
Still, I make these sorts of recipes on nights when Brent is working late so I can eat all of it with no shame. In fact, when he came home at 10:30PM and asked what I had for dinner and if there were leftovers, I hesitated to tell him. I mean what girl eats a whole pile of nacho-style potato chips for dinner?
I do apparently. I just can’t help it. While I love yogurt, fruit, and veggies…I can’t help loving sour cream, butter, and cheese more.
So here is the recipe for you to try. Share them with a friend and or scarf them down all on your own – it’s up to you!
Buffalo Chicken Nacho-Style Potato Chips
*Serves 4 as an appetizer
- 1 chicken breast
- 6-8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 3-4 teaspoons of buffalo wing sauce, adjust to your taste
- ½ cup bleu cheese
- ½ cup scallions, chopped
- homemade potato chips or regular ones
1. Season your chicken breast anyway you like and cook anyway you prefer until no longer pink. Set aside and allow to cool, then shred. You could also use a store bought rotisserie chicken.
2. In a small bowl mix together sour cream and wing sauce.
3. Lay potato chips on a baking sheet with little to no overlap. Drizzle with wing sauce and then top with chicken, bacon, bleu cheese, and scallions.
4. Place under the broil for 6-8 minutes or until bleu cheese starts to bubble.
Thoughts: These are ridiculously good. They are spicy, salty, crispy… so so good. They are a complete guilty pleasure that you absolutely must make. If you like wings and nachos, then you will definitely love these. Don’t worry, there are still a few more weeks until bathing suit season!