So it was Saturday night and I was trying to figure out what I should whip up for dinner. After mentally running through everything that was in my freezer/fridge and pantry, I came up with the idea to do Quesadillas. But these aren’t “normal” quesadillas; these have shrimp, bacon, mushrooms, and gouda cheese in them. Swoon.
After I settled on my ingredients I thought that I couldn’t just serve them with plain old sour cream. That would be boring and probably not stand up well. So I went with a Mexican-ish Herbed Sour Cream. Which I am now addicted to and use on everything I can possible think of. And I swear the longer it sits in my fridge, the better it gets.
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 6 bacon strips
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions
- Canola or Veggie oil, few tablespoons for frying
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
Mexican-ish Herbed Sour Cream:
1. Mince fresh chives and cilantro.
2. In a small bowl combine herbs, sour cream, cumin, garlic, and lime juice. Whisk together and set in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
1. The first step is to prepare all of your ingredients:
- In a medium sauté pan add a couple of tablespoons of butter and sauté mushrooms over medium-high heat for about 10 minute or until sort and golden in color.
- Cook bacon until crisp using whichever method you prefer. Then chop/crumble.
- Chop scallions.